Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chapter 35: In the Name of Love


_________________________


"Where are they taking Edelina?" Sterren demands. Guards had nearly dragged the distraught, crying woman into a carriage not an hour ago, and no one in this household would answer any of Sterren's questionsabout that or anything else.

"To a convent in Den Bosch," Reinier answers, looking up from the scroll he was busy reading.

"A convent?" Sterren asks, not familiar with the term.

"Women who swear themselves to the service of the Watcher live together in convents, away from the society of men," Reinier answers, pulling another scroll from the pile. His brother's estate was left in a state of confusion that Reinier must sort out as he asserts his dominion over the town.

Sterren's eyes narrow into angry slits, "You're shipping her off so you can seize control of her town," she accuses.


"You don't believe Edelina is fit to run a government, do you?" Reinier answers her accusation with a question of his own.

Sterren frowns, unable to argue that point. What little she knows of Edelina has shown her to be vain, proud and concerned more with fashion and entertainment than the welfare of her people. "No," Sterren admits, "But, she must have some family with some claim..."

"Yes, and that is why I'm sending her away," Reinier says, "Whatever claim some distant cousin of hers has on this town is no stronger than my claim as her husband's brother. Edelina gave Odet to Diedericx as part of their marriage contract, and I must secure my family's claim before anyone else can step in with their own."

Sterren is no stranger to the ugliness of politics; she'd seen it often enough in the decisions her uncle has made as lord of Avendale. That was the life she'd hoped to avoid when she asked Reinier to give all this up to live with her.  "And what of our plans?" she asks, her voice growing softer, "What of the promise you made me?"


Reinier rises from his chair to step around the desk and face her. "Sterren, the situation has changed drastically since I promised to come away with you. Wilders assassinated my brother, believing he was me. When they discover they missed their true target, that I still live, they will come after me again. I cannot live like a commoner in Avendale now. I need my guards, I need this keep to protect me."


"Sterren, I need you, above everything else. Don't abandon me now."

He brought it on himself, she thinks, by capturing that wilder. But she played her role in that, she muses, feeling the guilt of Diedericx's unfair death. She'd told them where they they were taking the captive, and they used her to free him while they carried out their plans to assassinate the dragon slayer. And with that murder, Reinier takes his brother's place as Lord of Odet, and is asking her to stand by him. It would be selfish and wrong to put her wishes above his safety now, she thinks, and nods, reluctantly. "I understand," she murmurs, trying to accept the new reality.


He's responsible for all of his nest, for their safety, for their lives. Aymeri grieves for his son, but it's not grief that keeps him awake while Ico sleeps, her head pillowed on his chest. When he closes his eyes, he remembers all the warnings he gave his son, the times he tried to teach him to reign in his anger, to think before he acted. He remembers every time he set a bad example by giving in to his own emotions when reason should have held him back. He'd failed Talfryn, and now his son is dead.


Ico stirs, awakening, entwines her fingers in his as she kisses him. "You take too much on yourself," she says, as sensitive to his emotions while she sleeps as she is while she's awake, "Talfryn's death was not your fault."

"If I had..." Aymeri starts to protest, but Ico stops him with a kiss.

"He was not a child, my love. He made a choice, and he made a mistake. There was nothing you could have taught him that would prevent it. Not every choice is so clear. Success and failure is often a matter of chance. If he had succeeded, we would all be celebrating his victory."  Aymeri falls silent, taking in her words. "You were a good father," she assures him, "And you will be a good father again."

"Again?" he asks. Ico had been his lover for these thousands of years, and Aymeri had long given up any hope that they might one day have a child together, but that one word, spoken with her sweet smile, her eyes gleaming as she looks into his...

"Again," she says, smiling as she draws his hand to her stomach, "There is new life here. I have felt her."


The joy cannot mitigate the sorrow of his loss, but it is still joy, and must be celebrated on its own terms.


Guards patrol the cobbled streets of the town below, guards stand outside her door. For her protection, Reinier had said, but she is not allowed to move without them.


"What troubles you, my love?" Reinier, undressing as he joins her in her chamber for the night.


"I miss my freedom," she says, feeling selfish and yet still unable to adjust to this life he's asked her to live, for the sake of his safety. "I miss being able to do as I please, go where I will. I miss my home."



"Your home is with me," Reinier says, wrapping his hands around her waist.

He says it with such a firmness, like he's claiming her. The way he claimed Odet, she thinks. She doesn't want to be claimed, to be owned, to live under guard, watched at every turn. "Reinier, I can't," she whispers, "I can't do this. I can't live like this. I love you, but..."


Reinier turns her around and lifts her up in his arms, "If you love me, there s no 'but', Sterren," he says, "I need you here with me, to be my wife, my love and my support. Odet needs you, to be its lady. Freedom is nothing more than the fancies of youth; it's time to put that aside and accept our duties, to each other and to this town."

"Odet is not my town," Sterren says, "My duty is to the Lady. Please, if you love me as you say you do, you'll let me go home."


"How can you ask me to let you go in the name of love?" he asks, dropping her on the bed, parting her legs beneath him with his knee, "If you love me, why are you in such a hurry to leave me?"

"It's not you I want to leave," Sterren says, one hand pressed against his chest even as the other wraps around his neck, pushing him and pulling him forward simultaneously, "It's this life. I am not a lady, I'm not fit to be your wife, nor do I want to be." Just saying it out loud, making her decision final, lifts the weight from her shoulders. She does love this man, but she cannot be his wife.

"You are the only woman in this world fit to be my wife," Reinier insists, "The Watcher Himself lead me to you, I know it. I feel it in my bones. Don't give up on me so easily."

"Reinier," she sighs his name, wishing they could get past this discussion, "I knew we'd only end up hurting each other. I wish I had stayed firm and not given in to my desires."


"You do desire me, still," he says, slipping her undergarments off her.

"I cannot deny it," she admits.

"Then let me make love to you tonight,"he says with a smile, "If you truly wish to leave me, I will let you go tomorrow."

"Truly?" she says, relief making her exuberant.

"I love you, Sterren," he says, leaning down to kiss her stomach, then her breasts, as he makes his way up to her face, "I am ever yours to command."



At sunrise, Inira, Fearghus and their group arrive at Aymeri's nest, and greeted happily by their surprised parents, who had been up waiting for Morvyn's return.


Kelyn and Ceyrth are introduced to Arienh, Seirian and Aymeri. More dragons, Ceyrth thinks ruefully, and none of the fae he'd traveled so far to meet.


Morvyn takes Aymeri aside while the others talk. Over thousands of years, Morvyn had taken more than a few human lovers, knowing it was forbidden, but confident that his law breaking would have no ill effect so long as he kept the secret of his dragon nature from his lovers. In the end, it was Talfryn that paid the price for his folly, and during the long walk home from his prison, Morvyn decided he needed to own his guilt, admit it to Aymeri, and take whatever punishment is meted to him.

"Talfryn's death was my doing," he says flatly, making no excuses for himself.

"He died trying to rescue you, but that isn't your fault," Aymeri says patiently, "Any of us would have..."

"I have...I had...a human lover, and she betrayed me to the dragon slayer. That's how I came to be captured," Morvyn quickly explains, not wanting to be forgiven before the truth is known, "Talfryn knew. He came alone because he meant to keep my secret. His death is on my head."



Aymeri snarls, his fist rising instinctively. It had been many thousands of years since he had to bring this kind of discipline to his nest, but for all the changes made to his kind since the great war, he was still the First of his nest, and it was still his duty to keep his charges in line, "You know that's forbidden," he snarls.

Morvyn braces himself, ready for the brutal physical punishment he's heard about but never witnessed himself.


Aymeri's fist hovers, shaking a little as he forces his rage down, separates the anger from his grief. Finally, when he's got himself under control, he thumps his fist gently on Morvyn's chest, reaching out to lay a comforting hand on his shoulder "Is our secret safe?" he asks.

"She knew nothing," Morvyn says, contrite in guilt, "The mortals believe we are a human tribe. 'Wilders', they call us. We're savages, according to them. She never knew I was a dragon. But the dragon slayer, he suspects a connection. He questioned me about it. I'm afraid that Talfryn coming for me only confirmed his suspicion. But, he's dead now, by Kelyn's hand, and hopefully his suspicion died with him."


"What you did was foolish. And against all our laws," Aymeri says, "But you did not kill Talfryn. Humans killed Talfryn. And that's why we have such laws, why we keep ourselves separate from their kind. You understand that now?"

Morvyn nods. He'd learned his lesson while he was in chains, what had seemed a harmless dalliance put not just himself, but all his kind, in danger.


"You used to beat Brys down for far less than that," Seirian says as Morvyn walks off on his own, unscathed.

"And it never stopped Brys from being Brys," Aymeri answers, "No matter what I say, Morvyn is going to blame himself for Talfryn's death. No beating could make him feel any worse than he does already. And, unlike Brys, he'll learn from his mistake without me beating the lesson into him."



He did not kill Talfryn, but he would not have been captured, and Talfryn would still be alive, if he hadn't been chasing after Gaelle, if she hadn't betrayed him. And, why did she betray him? Morvyn wonders as he walks away from the nest, unable to share his parents' joy as they reunite with his siblings. Ametair will take him in, he decides, needing some time away from the others, to grieve in solitude.


______________


He gave her a fine new dress and asked her to walk with him around the town. Happy at the thought of soon returning to Avendale, she's pleased to indulge his whims for one last day together, and dons the dress with its heavy brocade and jewels, playing the part of the lady for the afternoon, knowing she'll be wearing her simpler, less restricting clothing soon enough.


When she had strolled the town with Odet, he'd shown her the church of the Watcher, but they hadn't gone inside. Just the exterior of the building had given her a chill; when Reinier guides her inside, she trembles with dread, an odd feeling that she's come to the place of her death. An old man stands waiting for them, and Reinier pushes as much as guides her forward to meet him.

"Father Loyset," he says, "This is my bride, Lady Sterren of Avendale."

The old man nods his head at her. "I understand you are a follower of the old religion, my lady," he says, "I will have to consecrate you in the name of the Watcher before I can marry you to Lord Reinier."


Sterren turns angrily to Reinier. "You said you'd let me go!" she says angrily.


"I said what I needed to say to appease you," Reinier answers, his face twisted in an angry grimace, "You are acting like a child, Sterren, and I've had enough of this game. You are meant to be my wife, and today I will make it so."


Sterren gasps, realizing that this man she'd seen only glimpses of behind the lover who wooed her is Reinier's true self, as much a part of him as the man who makes tender love to her. He's not a man who asks, he's a man who takes what he wants, who commands others and who will not accept refusal. She should have known it would come to this, on the day he took his prisoner, the day she questioned him and he turned his anger on her. She should have seen it then, and run, run as far from him as she could.


"Begin the ritual," Reinier snarls at the priest, not taking his eyes, or hands, off her.

"As you wish, my lord," the priest answers.


None of these men gathered here will defy him and come to her aid, Sterren realizes, so she must defend herself. Her mother had taught her to harness and use the magic that runs in their family, and had told her to use it rarely, and wisely, only when there was no other option. Today, Sterren is out of options. She pulls herself forcefully out of Reinier's grasp and begins to weave a spell. She'll put them all into an enchanted sleep, and then run, flee back to Avendale, to her uncle.


But the guard behind her moves swiftly, pulling her arms behind her back before her spell is finished.

"Let's proceed," Reinier snarls at the priest.

"My lord, she is witch," the priest protests in a tremulous voice, "You cannot marry her. You must execute her."


"I am lord here," Reinier says, "You'll do as I command. Now, proceed with the ritual. I mean to be married before sundown."

The guard that holds her pushes Sterren down onto her knees, holding his sword up, prepared to strike if she attempts another spell. The priest reluctant begins chanting a prayer to his Watcher.

Sterren's prayer is made silently, a desperate plea to the Lady to rescue her from this fate.


She did not, in truth, expect an answer to her prayer, and is just as confused as the men when a sudden flash of light interrupts the priest's chant, and figure appears, floating above them.


He speaks no words, floating still and silent above them, but somehow, he makes Reinier, his guards and the old priest fall back as though thrown by a great force, while Sterren remains on her knees, unmoved.


"Come with me, daughter," he says, dropping to the ground before Sterren, "I will take you home."


30 comments:

  1. Auberon to the rescue! I really wanted to say that. With the fanfare and everything. Damn Reiner. Damn him to his Watcher's hell and Lady's as well.

    I feel so bad for Morvyn. The guilt he must feel and the hurt from the betrayal. If he finds out why Gaelle betrayed him, I'm afraid it would only hurt even worse. Do you plan on putting him up for upload at any point?

    Also, I do wonder when the dragon laws evolve again. I think I remember you mentioning Summerdream probably will not extend as far as modern days but, at least if the stories "match up" Aymeri himself takes a human lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally singing the Mighty Mouse theme for Auberon in this chapter. =D
      Reinier's patience ran out. The man wants what he wants, and doesn't take no for an answer. Well, now he kind of has to, lol.

      Morvyn is in a sad position there, and he's not going to forgive himself any time soon. I can put him up for download, sure. I'll get on that when I next load up my game.

      Yeah, I'm not taking Summerdream up to the present. Well, I don't plan on that, anyway, and I have a bunch of stories to tell in the middle ages to keep me busy. But I guess dragon laws do evolve at some point. When I had Aymeri in my Roman legacy, I was just making stuff up as I went along, and didn't have a really solid idea about his past except for snippets I put in. The stories do match up still, in the sense that in the Brannon legacy, Delaney's boss, Cole, is Rory Bowman, and one of Aymeri's grandsons from his human wife.
      Well, now you've got me thinking.

      Delete
  2. *sobs* Brys. Sadness.

    Also, I didn't like the one lady, but her being shipped to a convent is completely and horribly unfair. Sterren should have run away screaming right then.

    I did not expect Auberon to make an appearance! Sweet. Can't wait for next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta wonder how Brys would have handled things in this time. I can only imagine he'd have instigated more trouble with the humans, and probably have been a really bad example for Talfryn.

      Being shipped off to a convent does suck. There have been a few moments there where Sterren should have seen what his culture is about and how she might be treated once she agreed to marry him, but I think she just couldn't bring herself to really see and accept that until it reached a point where she had no choice but see it.

      Auberon doesn't intervene every often, but when he does, he does it with flair. =D

      Delete
  3. WOO! Go Aube's!

    It's *THE* room!! In the first scene, you know what I mean.
    I could barely concentrate in all the Sterren/Reiner sections because I just kept saying to myself "Kick him in the balls and run!"
    I would have loved to have seen that, but I think Auberon did the job well enough ;)
    I could smell something fishy going down when Reiner was like "If we have sex you can go tomorrow". That set off every alarm inside my head, and I *knew* he wouldn't let her go. I didn't expect him to force her into marriage. I didn't think he'd stoop that low, yeah, I know, he's a Landgraab, why wouldn't he? Still, when he had her parading around in finery, I assumed he was just trying to change her mind. Like, "every day could be like this, isn't it fun?" kind of thing, but seriously Reiner? Dispicable.
    There was a little ray of hope when Sterren did the spell, but that faded away when she couldn't finish it, and I was sure that she was facing the decision to either marry someone she can now never love, or let herself be killed by the guards.
    And then, Auberon. Well, thank The Lady that he's answering prayers for her! I do worry that he'll lose interest in answering prayers before Reiner comes to attack Avendale (which is something I can see him doing sooner than we'd like), leaving Sterren to fend for herself.

    Yay for Aymeri and Ico! Congratulations, you'll be great parents :) Cannot *wait* to see their baby! I'm glad Aymeri is getting his anger under control. Morvyn probably does deserve a punch, even though it won't help things... But well done for holding back.
    I hope Morvyn doesn't isolate himself for too long. I can understand wanting to be alone for a while, but he needs to meet the newcomers properly too, especially as they're related.

    I feel like I've missed something. This comment doesn't seem long enough for how much I loved this chapter.
    Yeah, loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is *the* room. I really wanted to change a few things about it, too, but I decided not to touch anything so it would be exactly the way it was in *that* scene.
      I love a good ball kicking you scene, you know I do, but he had guards everywhere, so Sterren would not have been able to run very far if she tried that.
      Yeah, I didn't think anyone would believe Reinier's promise. Sterren bought it because she really really wanted to believe it. But at that point he had made up his mind, he was done trying to convince her and was going to use good old fashioned force to get what he wanted. Just like a Landgraab, lol.
      Auberon's interest in all this is kind of sketchy. He does what he wants at the moment, and what he wants can change suddenly.

      I'm looking forward to Aymeri and Ico's baby, too. Aymeri has worked really hard on his anger management, and he's getting a lot better at than when he was younger. Morvyn is kicking himself pretty hard right now for what happened to Talfryn, nothing Aymeri could have done would have been worse.

      Thanks so much, Gem!

      Delete
  4. Oh dear~it just goes to show, you can't trust a Landgraab. I thought it suspicious that he said he'd let her go the next day if she still wanted to go home. I do like how you stay true to his last name, as he's grabbing at land. :P Pity, Sterren would have made him happier than having the land or power, if he had just let it all go and followed her. But it's not in his genes, lol

    Poor Morvyn. Hard lesson learned, I wonder if he ever finds out why Gaelle felt she had to betray him? And you'll be uploading Morvyn? Sweet!, another sim of yours I can snag. =) You have such great looking sims!

    I loved Auberon coming to the rescue that like! Very cool, and lucky for Sterren that Auberon has been watching over her.

    And best news of all---Aymeri/Ico baby! I am SO excited!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Reinier never had the slightest intention of letting her go. He was willing to ply along with her to a point, as long as he thought he had a chance of convincing her to marry him. But when it came to her finally saying no, he was more than willing to force it.
      And you are right, it's not in his genes to just give up his title and power. Maybe he would have been happier if he had, but in the end, he saw some land to grab, and he went for it.
      He's also becoming a little paranoid about the assassination thing and wants power as much for his protection now as anything else.
      Morvyn did learn a hard lesson, having his friend die for his actions. He'll probably never know why Gaelle betrayed him; at this point he's learned enough of a lesson to stay away from the humans.
      I will upload Morvyn. He is quite a handsome Sim.
      Sterren was lucky to have Auberon watching over her then.
      And I'm excited about Aymeri and Ico's baby, too.

      Delete
  5. Gr, everybody already stole all my comments lol. This chapter was definitely amazing, and that room tugged at a memory from one of your other legacies, not sure exactly which memory though...

    Totally saw the whole Renier-goes-evil thing coming. I think the only one who didn't was poor Sterren. Love has an annoying habit of blinding people. I was so worried when I saw the sword come out! Was pretty sure she was gonna die at that point, but lucky for her Auberon decided to be a show-off. I love it when he does that, he definitely never does anything halfway. But I have a bad feeling that Renier isn't gonna take Sterren's escape very well.

    Aymeri is getting much better at handling his temper. It's interesting watching how such a hot-head calms down into the Aymeri everybody knows and loves. Oh, and I'm thrilled to see Ico's baby! It's gotta be absolutely adorable with those two for parents.

    Where's Evenfall? I feel worse for her than I do for Morvyn. She lost her dragon, poor baby. I really hope she finds someone else at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SummerRaine!
      That room shows up in this stry, in Ch. 22, Kvornan's first spirit journey. Shadow in the Brannon legacy also has visions about this story, but not in this room.

      Yeah, Sterren didn't want to see Reinier's worst side so she turned a blind eye to it when it came out. That was a tough moment for her, marry Reinier or die. But Auberon came just in time. We'll get to see Reinier's reaction to all this next chapter.

      Aymeri has had a long time to work on his anger issues, and he is getting better at it. I'm so excited about a baby for Ico and Aymeri, too.

      Evenfall is really just destroyed by Talfyn's death, and she's taken off to mourn away from everyone else. We will see her again, but not for awhile..

      Delete
  6. So Reinier shows his ugly side to her at last.
    I'm distracted by trying to figure out where I saw that chapter of someone's vision a man dragging a woman into that room and calling her a witch before killing her. I thought it was Kvornan that had it, but I'm not sure anymore. I look more in a min I guess.

    That was nasty of him to say that she could leave and he didn't mean a word of it at all.

    I understand why he wants her to stay. I believe he loves her, but also his way of being is love is also to be in control.

    Ayemeri showed us another way the dragons are changing. I was a little surprised he didn't attack Morvyn the way he had coming to him. He's right in saying that Morvyn can guilt himself crazy better than any other punishment that he could design.

    I'm a little happy and a little worried that Auberon came to Sterren's rescue like that.

    I'm tickled to see the poses in such great use. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Kvornan's vision, Ch. 22.
      Shadow did have a vision related to that scene, but Kvornan's vision took place in that room.
      It was nasty of Reinier to lie like that. And you are very right, he does love her. To the point of needing to keep her like a possession and control her. Which is classic abusive behavior.

      Aymeri is feeling pretty guilty himself over his son's death, believing it was his fault that he couldn't teach Talfryn to rein in his own emotions. So while he did have his rage instinct to deck Morvyn for breaking the rules, he was also very conscious of trying to be better at keeping control of his temper at that moment.

      Auberon's appearance like that, rescuing Sterren the way he did will have ripple effects, so you are right to worry. But, he did get Steren out of really difficult position there.

      Your poses are awesome and came just at the right time for this chapter. =D

      Delete
  7. Auberon should have knocked Reinier onto one of the guards swords instead of on his controlling psychotic rump. Sterren can't run far enough now that nut is so set on her he'd force "marriage" to him on her.

    I can't wait to see how Ico's and Ayemeri's daughter looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that would save a lot of heartache for everyone if Auberon did that!
      But I need to keep Reinier around for awhile for the story.

      I'm so excited to see Aymeri and Ico's daughter, too.

      Delete
  8. Yay! Go Auberon! I'm so glad he's rescued Sterren from that ****** Reinier, I expected him to do something bad, but didn't anticipate he'd try and force her into marrying him. I know he thinks he loves her, but if he truly loved her he wouldn't try and force her into being something she's not and something she's not happy being. He kept saying if she loved him she'd do what he wanted, while all the time insisting she abandon everything that made her who she was. I'm afraid I don't agree that he does love her - in my opinion any 'love' which involves treating someone like a possession and controlling them isn't love, maybe that's a bit black and white but in my opinion the core of love is to want what is best for the one you love and his behaviour is the opposite of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see that. Love is hard to define, exactly, and what Reinier believes is love wouldn't pass muster for a lot of people. He's certainly got a huge double standard about what he expects Sterren to do for him and what he's willing to do for her.
      He's also conflicted in that he admires her spirit and independence, but not when it goes against what he wants.

      Delete
  9. This was a great chapter! I do think it was unfair of Sterren to expect Reinier to give up everything and it goes the same way for Reinier...I guess the difference is Sterren realized that they were not meant to be and Reinier didn't, trying his best to force the issue. Then Auberon shows up! Oh wow, looks like Reinier has new beings to go after, I hope he won't be named the 'Fairy Slayer' any time soon! Reinier is a guy who is just too used to getting what he wants I guess and expects the world to work this way.

    I'm glad that Aymeri didn't punish Morvyn physically. I mean he did have a forbidden love as well :P in fact it looks like they are having another child too!

    I'm having this feeling...that someone is going to die :O guess I'll find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aeon!
      In the end, one of them would have had to give up on the life they'd lived to be with each other. Sterren did come to understand that they weren't going to be able to work a compromise and try to break it off. Reinier's personality is not the type to give up when yo want something, and his culture is a patriarchal, medieval culture in which women are chattel, so he did what made sense to him.

      Auberon showing up like that is going to change some things, like Reinier's perspective on who Sterren was.

      Aymeri is trying to get past physical punishment, something that's ingrained in dragon culture. He did have a forbidden love, and he changed the laws and culture of his people to make his love no longer forbidden. From his point of view though, there was no good reason for dragons to be forbidden as lovers or even friends., that having the fairies know who dragons were did not pose a threat. And he saw the benefits of alliance. Now with humans, they have a history of hostility to dragons, and revere dragon slayers, so I can see why Aymeri would think keeping to the laws about not fraternizing with them.
      I would say (and maybe some other characters will see) the humans hostility coms from ignorance, and if the dragons had come out back in the prehistoric era things would be a lot different. But instead, you had Aithne's troupe burning up humans everywhere they went, which gave dragons a bad name that has stuck through time.

      Someone will die eventually. But not next chapter. =D

      Delete
  10. I've read your story summary and several chapters and like this very much. You've done a great job world building. So are the dragons the Europeon style or more Asian type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, jbfairybird!
      I use a lot of medieval themed lots made by others, but I also do a lot of tweaking to make them work for my story. If I had to build them all from the ground up, though, I'd never get anything done.
      The dragons are more European based, though I take huge liberties with dragon lore. I have read stories where dragons can take a human form, but in my story their natural state is more human, and the dragon form is secondary. Since we don';t have any dragons in Sims, it kind of has to be that way, but I also like the idea that dragons have kept their 'true' form a secret from humans all this time.

      Delete
  11. Finally caught up on all the chapters. Great chapter and great story all around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love your story, the outfits, the pictures, the effects! I'll have a hard time to caught up all the chapters, but I'll try. It's worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eli, I am so glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  13. Whoa! Auberon! Yay! Aww, Reinier, sexy, don't do shit like that, come on. *gets lost in Reinier's eyes* Aymeri, awesome self control. I'm glad to see the dragons are realizing things like brutal beatings aren't always the way to go. Morvyn, wow, that's good that he told Aymeri the truth even though he knew what might be his punishment. I like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reinier is not used to not getting his way. And he really didn't want to let Sterren go. Unfortunately for him, the way he tried to keep her ended up being the way he loses her forever.
      Aymeri has come a long way in the self control dept.
      Morvyn really feels the guilt of Talfryn's death and wanted to come clean.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  14. My heart burst with happiness seeing Auberon come for Sterren.

    Reinier you big stupid... grrrr... I knew that was coming. What a self centered control freak, he has no idea what love is. He deserves every plague brought on his had. Oaf. Ogre. Devil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auberon did make quite the dramatic entrance there, and just in time.

      Reinier really wasn't going to take no for an answer there. But at least Sterren now really gets who he is, and she's finally ready to get past the attraction and move on.

      Delete
  15. Poor Morvyn,I feel bad for him. He's going to feel this for a long time I think.But he did learn from it, I'm just wondering if he will ever find out he has a child?
    yep, Reinier just kind of lost his mind there. I really don't dislike him, and I wish things would have turned out better for he and Sterren, but It's been obvious all along that she would never be his, she could never commit to it.....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morvyn isn't going to get over Talfryn's death or his feelings of guilt easily. He might find out about his child with Gaelle someday, but since he's stopped paying attention to her or anything going on with the humans, it's not to likely to come out soon.

      It is sad that Reinier and Sterren couldn't work it out at all. They had a strong attraction, but their lives and beliefs are so different, it just resulted in conflict. And when he tried to force her into marriage, he pretty much lost any chance with her.

      Delete