Wednesday, July 16, 2014

This Long Hiatus


After I posted my last chapter in December, I meant to take a short break, in part to figure some things out, and in part because I was just getting kind of tired of all the set building, costuming and posing required to get pictures for this story.

And the break just kind of grew into a months long hiatus, as certain technical issues cropped up (the loss of many of my folders of pictures of  poses with their codes being the primary issue) and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. But I've recently gotten a few messages asking me if I'm going to continue this story, and I have decided that I do want to go on. I am currently writing up the next chapter and I've begun putting together the sets I need, as well as the Sims and costumes. I'm hoping it will be ready this weekend. Later next week at the latest.

There will be a few changes to how things have been done before, however. First, the chapters will be more text and less pictures. The loss of my pose codes is making the picture taking process more labor intensive. And there are other issues involved with writing a fantasy story and not having the kind of props available. In the past, I've cut scenes and scrapped ideas simply because here was no way to adequately illustrate them. Now, I will write those scenes and illustrate with words alone if I have to.

I do love Sim pictures, though, so there will still be plenty of pictures in each chapter. Just not necessarily ever scene will have a corresponding picture.

The chapters will also be a bit shorter, in terms of how many scenes there are. Many of my chapters used to go to several locations and contain several scenes. I think I will now be limiting my chapters to one location and scene.

Finally, for readers of my Brannon legacy: The crossover between the legacy and Summerdream assumed that what happens here is the past history of the world that my Brannons inhabit. Characters in the legacy have sometimes referred to events 'in the past' that have not yet happened in the Summerdream universe. One of the problems I've been having in going forward with Summerdream is that I want to take the story to places which would negate the events I may have referred to in Brannons. I tried to find a way to work the Brannon past reality into what I want to do here, and it just doesn't work to my satisfaction. So, what I've decided to do is cut this story off from the Brannons. 'Summerdream' is now something like an alternate universe from the Brannon universe, where events happened differently from the Brannon timeline.


Thank you all for your patience!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOO glad you're coming back to your stories!!! Yay!

    Oh, and the whole 'not as many pictures' thing: I wholeheartedly agree with that concept. That's what SWNT was Supposed to be, but sometimes even then I get carried away. As for myself, I think the writing is loads more important than the pictures! Don't cut stuff because you can't find it. We are perfectly capable of picturing it in our minds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear from you again :-). I can very well relate to what you said. But I don't think I agree with what mypalsim said, because, if it's true that text is more important than pics, why would we bother to have them in our stories at all? I usually find myself changing things to "accomodate" the images, and the other way around, so they can sort of "talk" to each other ;-).

    But of course, everyone is different, and whatever style you choose and feel comfortable with, that will be the right one for YOU.

    Look forward to reading more chapter from you :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much look forward to reading those unrestricted scenes. =)

    ReplyDelete